Written Replies to Parliamentary Questions

Written Reply to Parliamentary Question on Ministry’s Position on Vending Machines that Sell Alcoholic Beverages, by Mr K Shanmugam, Minister for Home Affairs and Minister for Law

Published: 11 May 2021



Mr Melvin Yong Yik Chye:To ask the Minister for Home Affairs (a) what is the Ministry's position on vending machines that sell alcoholic beverages; and (b) how will the Liquor Control (Supply and Consumption) Act regulate such vending machines.




1.       Any person who wishes to supply liquor through vending machines can do so if he is licensed under the Liquor Control (Supply and Consumption) Act 2015. In doing so, he will have to adhere to the regulations under the Act, such as not supplying liquor beyond the hours permitted by his licence, and to persons younger than 18 years old. Selling liquor through a vending machine without a licence is an offence.