Published: 09 May 2018
1. The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) will be making several key leadership changes involving officers from the Singapore Police Force (SPF) and Casino Regulatory Authority (CRA).
2. Mr Tan Chye Hee, currently Deputy Commissioner of Police (Investigations and Intelligence) and Director of Criminal Investigation Department (CID), will relinquish these appointments and replace Mr Lau Peet Meng as Deputy Commissioner of Police (Operations). Mr Tan has held key appointments in SPF, including Commander of Ang Mo Kio Division, Director of Police Intelligence Department (PID), and Director of Planning & Organisation (P&O). As Deputy Commissioner of Police (Investigations and Intelligence), Mr Tan led SPF’s efforts to combat serious crimes and to strengthen investigation and intelligence capabilities by leveraging technology and enhancing officers’ skillsets.
3. Mr Lau Peet Meng, currently Deputy Commissioner of Police (Operations), has held several key appointments in SPF including the Director of Operations and Commander of Central Police Division. He was also previously the Senior Director of Policy and Operations Division in MHA, and the Chief Executive (CE) of CRA. As the Deputy Commissioner of Police (Operations), Mr Lau is responsible for all operational, training and logistical matters in SPF. He has helped to transform the SPF by adopting new technologies in crime fighting and developing new capabilities to combat terrorism. Mr Lau will be posted to the wider public service.
4. Ms Florence Chua, currently Director of PID, will take on the new appointments of Deputy Commissioner of Police (Investigations and Intelligence), and concurrently Director of CID. Ms Chua has held various key appointments in SPF, including Deputy Director of CID and Commander of Jurong Police Division. As Director of PID, Ms Chua directed intel-led operations to dismantle organised crime groups, and unlicensed money-lending and scam syndicates, including the crackdown of the largest illegal betting syndicate and the first case to be prosecuted under the Organised Crime Act. Ms Chua also integrated intelligence capabilities with frontline policing, enabling more effective crime fighting.
5. Mr Jerry See, currently CE of CRA, will be appointed Deputy Commissioner of Police (Policy). Mr See has held key appointments in MHA and SPF, including CE of the Home Team Academy, Commander of the Police Coast Guard, and Director of Manpower. As CE of CRA, Mr See led its efforts in forging closer ties with local and foreign partners, and in strengthening CRA’s standing as an effective and robust casino regulator. Mr See is also concurrently the Senior Director of the Gambling Regulatory Unit (GRU) in MHA.Under his leadership, the GRU operationalised the website and payment blocking regime under the Remote Gambling Act and also regulates the Exempt Operators who offer remote gambling products.
6. Mr Teo Chun Ching, currently Director of Manpower in SPF, will take over as the CE of CRA, and will concurrently hold the appointment of Senior Director of GRU at MHA. Mr Teo has held key appointments in SPF, including Commander of Airport Police Division, Commander of Bedok Division, Deputy Director of CID, and Director of P&O. As Director of Manpower, he was instrumental in driving SPF’s transformational efforts to ensure that SPF’s workforce is ready to meet current and future challenges.
7. Ms Chua’s and Mr Tan’s appointments will take effect on 1 June 2018 and 18 June 2018 respectively while Mr See’s and Mr Teo’s appointments will take effect on 2 July 2018.