Published: 07 August 2020
1. The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) Scholarship and Sponsorship Awards are presented annually to deserving Home Team officers to acknowledge their outstanding service, commitment and passion in keeping Singapore safe and secure, and affirm their potential for excellence and further contributions to the Home Team.
2. The Home Team devotes extensive resources and effort in our officers’ development. We continually invest in the training and development of our officers to enhance their professional competencies and prepare them for greater responsibilities. This includes supporting our officers in their academic upgrading, to learn new knowledge and skills as well as to expand their network.
3. This year, 156 Home Team officers are awarded MHA Scholarships and Sponsorships to pursue degree or postgraduate studies in a range of disciplines at local and overseas universities. Due to the COVID-19 situation, instead of a physical award ceremony, award recipients will receive a congratulatory note from Mrs Josephine Teo, Minister for Manpower & Second Minister for Home Affairs (see Annex A for the note to award recipients).
4. MHA has also collaborated with the Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) to develop programmes and projects that contribute to the continuing education and training of Home Team officers and individuals in the safety and security sector. This allows Home Team officers to be trained and upskilled to keep up with an ever-evolving security landscape, in tandem with increasing expectations of the Home Team’s readiness and capability in safeguarding Singapore. This year, 26 Home Team officers will be pursuing the newly launched Bachelor of Public Safety and Security Studies (Honours) Programme developed by the SUSS and supported by MHA.
5. More information on the award categories and number of recipients can be found in Annex B.
Annexes (126kb, .pdf)