Published: 28 September 2015
1. Second Minister for Home Affairs and Foreign Affairs Masagos Zulkifli will be attending the 10th ASEAN Ministerial Meeting on Transnational Crime (AMMTC) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 29 to 30 September 2015.
2. The biennial AMMTC is attended by ASEAN Ministers in charge of transnational crime to set policy directions and coordinate strategies and law enforcement efforts related to eight areas of transnational crime: counter-terrorism, trafficking in persons, drug trafficking, money laundering, sea piracy, arms smuggling, international economic crime and cybercrime.
3. This year, Singapore will co-chair the 4th AMMTC + China Consultations on 30 September, at which the ASEAN-China Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in Non-Traditional Security Issues has been tabled for renewal.
4. Besides calling on Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Home Affairs Dato Seri Dr. Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, Second Minister Masagos is also scheduled to meet Brunei Minister of Energy in the Prime Minister's Office Pehin Yasmin Umar, Vietnamese Minister of Public Security General Tran Dai Quang, Thailand's Deputy Minister of Interior Mr Sutee Markboon and Japan's Chairperson of the National Public Safety Commission/Minister of State for Disaster Management Eriko Yamatani, to discuss bilateral matters of mutual interest.
5. Second Minister Masagos will be accompanied by officials from the Ministry of Home Affairs, the Singapore Police Force, the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority, the Central Narcotics Bureau and the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore.
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
28 September 2015