1. The United Kingdom (UK) Home Office and the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on security cooperation on 31 August 2018.
2. The MOU was signed by the UK Home Secretary, the Right Honourable Sajid Javid, and the Minister for Home Affairs and Minister for Law, Mr K Shanmugam. The signing ceremony was held at MHA.
3. The MOU attests to the strong working relationship between the UK Home Office and MHA. MHA agencies have longstanding ties with law enforcement agencies in the UK, and both sides have facilitated the exchange of information and co-operation on various cases, as well as the conduct of study visits.
4. Under the MOU, the UK Home Office and MHA will enhance cooperation in areas of mutual interest – serious and organised crime, border security, policing, counter-terrorism/countering violent extremism, infrastructure protection, and science and technology in the area of security.
5. Minister Shanmugam said, “The signing of this MOU is testament to the excellent security cooperation between MHA and the UK Home Office. The UK Home Office has been a good partner. To tackle transnational crime and terrorism, law enforcement agencies need to work closely together across jurisdictions.”
31 Aug 2018 SG UK MOU Signing 1
31 Aug 2018 SG UK MOU Signing 2
31 Aug 2018 SG UK MOU Signing 3