Suspension of Basic Training Activities at the Home Team Academy and the National Service Training Institute
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) will be suspending the Police Officers Basic Course (POBC) and the Basic Rescue Training (BRT) for all full-time National Servicemen (NSFs), at the Home Team Academy (HTA) and the National Service Training Institute (NSTI) respectively, from 7 April 2020 until 4 May 2020 in tandem with the nationwide COVID-19 circuit breaker period (CBP).
- Approximately 1,600 full-time NSF trainees from the Singapore Police Force (SPF) and the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) will be required to stay at home, except for essential activities, in accordance with national safe distancing measures. They must remain contactable at all times during the CBP.
- The suspension period will count towards the trainees’ full-time National Service (NS), and their Operationally Ready Date will not be affected. The trainees will continue to be eligible for NS allowance and medical benefits during the period of suspension. SPF and SCDF will manage any operational impact arising from the suspension of basic training.
- Other training activities for NSFs, such as the Officer Cadet Training for SPF and SCDF trainees will continue with enhanced precautionary measures. Such training is essential to enable the Home Team to continue its day-to-day responsibilities of keeping Singapore safe and secure.
- MHA is monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely, and will continually review measures to keep our Home Team officers safe, while ensuring the Home Team’s operational effectiveness.