The Singapore Police Force Scholarship
The Singapore Police Force (SPF) Scholarship is one of the most prestigious scholarships awarded by the Public Service Commission. It is awarded to candidates who have shown outstanding leadership qualities, possess impeccable integrity and have
a strong interest in policing work to safeguard our nation.
|Career track||Offered by|
|Uniformed||Singapore Police Force|
|Country of study||Course of study|
|Local or overseas universities||Most disciplines (except medicine, dentistry and architecture). If you pursue a Law degree, you will not be called to the Bar while serving in the SPF.|
|September - March of the following year|
Value of Award
Tuition fees and other approved charges
Monthly overseas or local maintenance allowance
Pre-studies allowance e.g. settling in, warm clothing, computer
Return economy class airfare
(if studying overseas)
Sponsorship of Master’s and exchange programmes
(if requirements are met)
Full salary for the duration of your studies (including bonuses)
You will need to:
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident who intends to take up citizenship
- Have outstanding academic results:
- GCE 'A' Levels (with at least 10 academic units)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Polytechnic Diploma (with Merit) or equivalent
- Have a keen interest in serving in the Singapore Police Force
- Have good Co-Curricular Activity (CCA) records
- Excel in Officer Cadet School
All MHA scholarships are open to male and female applicants.
For female applicants: You will have to submit your application earlier to have enough time to prepare for enlistment into Basic Military Training (BMT) in the Singapore Armed Forces.
Your Leadership Journey
In the first 6 years of your career, you will be rotated through regular postings to acquire investigation acumen, policy conceptualisation skills as well as command and leadership abilities.
If you meet the criteria, you will be placed on the Public Service Leadership Programme (PSLP | Public Service Leadership Programme) where you will acquire specialist knowledge and capabilities to take on key leadership positions in the Home Team departments.
Find out more about a career with the Singapore Police Force.
You will need to fulfil a bond of:
- 4 years (for local studies)
- 5 years (for studies in non-English speaking countries)
- 6 years (for studies in English speaking countries)
The bond period starts on the day you assume official duty after completing your studies.