Published: 20 August 2015
1. The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and the National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NIE/NTU), entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on Training on 20 August 2015.
2. The MOU was signed by Mr T. Raja Kumar, Deputy Secretary (International), Ministry of Home Affairs and concurrently Chief Executive of the Home Team Academy (HTA), and Professor Tan Oon Seng, Director of the National Institute of Education. Mr Leo Yip, Permanent Secretary (Home Affairs) and Ms. Ho Peng, Advisor to MOE, Deputy Chairperson of the NIE Council, and Chairperson of the NIE International Board of Directors, witnessed the signing ceremony which took place at NIE.
3. This MOU will facilitate the mutual sharing of best practices and expertise in learning sciences and systems, pedagogy, and the professional development of trainers.
4. MHA seeks to continually upgrade its training capabilities. Partnerships with organisations such as NIE/NTU, a leader in Teacher Education and Education Research as well as content and curriculum development, will enable MHA to keep abreast of new training capabilities and methods.
5. As NIE/NTU continues to rank among the top 10 in the world, the valuable exchange of professional knowledge and best practices shared in partnership with institutions like HTA/MHA will continually sharpen NIE's goal towards realising teaching and learning excellence for the nation.
"This close collaboration will help both NIE and HTA/MHA to deepen our knowledge and understanding of best practices in adult education and learning. Through partnerships such as this (with NIE), HTA/MHA seeks to enhance the accessibility, quality, and effectiveness of training and learning for the Home Team."
T. Raja Kumar
Chief Executive, Home Team Academy