Published: 31 March 2023
1. Very happy to see so many of you making time on a Friday night to break fast with the boys at Muhammadiyah Welfare Home.
Significance of the Event
2. Since 2021, I have had the pleasure of joining Muhammadiyah Welfare Home at this yearly gathering.
3. I am very happy and thankful to be here again to break fast with the boys, their families, and the staff of Muhammadiyah Welfare Home.
4. As we reflect on our circumstances and the situations we face, know that we have the support of our families and friends and staff of Muhammadiyah Welfare Home to help us move forward and to become better versions of ourselves. I am heartened by the good work done by Muhammadiyah in providing support to those who require help.
5. Each of us may be tested in different ways, but the strength that we call upon is the same. We all require constant effort and vigilance to guard ourselves against the temptations we may face. For example, earlier, I shared briefly on the importance for society to take a strong stance against the not-so-positive influences.
6. I would also like to share my hope that each of us will remember compassion. As we ask for compassion from others, remember to offer the same to our family and friends and strive to be blessings in the lives of our loved ones. I hope, too, that each of us constantly seeks useful knowledge and skills to improve ourselves, to be able to contribute in a meaningful way to society and be someone that our community and families can be proud of.