Published: 29 July 2023
Families and friends,
1. A very good morning to everyone.
2. It’s a bright and beautiful day today. I want to thank you for waking up early this morning, to join us here in Bird Paradise.
3. It is so wonderful to see so many Home Team NSmen gathered here with family and friends today.
4. The last HomeTeamNS Family Day took place four years ago, before the pandemic. I’m glad that we are able to host our signature event once again.
5. When I was coming in, I met many of our members and families, and they were very excited. I am very happy to see them together, looking forward to the visit.
6. For some, it would be their first time, and I am very happy that we are able to organise this for you and your family.
Importance of Families for Home Team National Servicemen
7. Life as an NSman can be fast-paced and challenging.
8. Between work and National Service duties, NSmen also play the role of fathers, brothers, and sons in the family.
9. HomeTeamNS strives to make it a little easier for you by organising events and providing facilities for you to bond with your friends and families.
10. I have met quite a number of you with your families and friends at our clubhouses, and at other activities. One thing that touched me is the pride that you and your families have, in being part of the HomeTeam and the HomeTeamNS family.
11. I realised that we have developed that connection not only with you, but with the people around you and your loved ones. To me, that is important, as we are responsible for keeping Singapore safe and secure, protecting Singapore – our home.
12. When there is connection, it not only helps us keep Singapore safe and secure, but we do so, like one big family.
13. And it is not only about you serving our nation, but that your families feel connected and feel proud to be associated with your role in protecting Singapore.
14. We at HomeTeamNS want to do more to make life better for you, as you serve and protect our homeland.
15. I want to thank your families for their unwavering support and love for you, our NSmen, as you juggle work and your NS duties, and we hope to show appreciation to them.
16. We have actively expanded our offerings and benefits to family members of our NSmen over the years, with the introduction of HomeTeamNS Family Membership.
17. I am proud to share that we are now serving an all-time high of over 32,000 family members among our membership base of 260,000 members.
New Strategic Partnerships That Encourage Family Time
18. Today, I am also excited to announce that we have onboarded three new strategic partners to our current trove of close to 100 all-rounded benefits, including the well-loved 1-for-1 movie tickets and up to 24% fuel discount, for you and your family.
19. All these would not have been possible without the hard work of the HomeTeamNS staff and colleagues headed by Agnes, who have worked very hard, as well as our management committee members who also worked really hard alongside.
20. First, we have partnered with Singlife to offer one year of complimentary travel or home insurance to all active HomeTeamNS principal members. When you opt in for this complimentary insurance you will also enjoy one year of free HomeTeamNS membership.
21. Second, we have partnered with SG Drivers to provide added assurance and to make vehicle upkeep more affordable for our members with the new HomeTeamNS Driver’s Shield Program. At only $23 a year, the Driver’s Shield Programme includes 24/7 emergency roadside assistance, fuel discounts and exclusive vouchers, which are worth up to $400 in total.
22. Lastly, we have also onboarded SHEIN, a popular fashion and lifestyle e-retailer. Members can look forward to enjoying 18% off their purchases all year round, and gain priority queue access to their upcoming pop-ups.
23. I want to assure you that we will continuously work to give you and your family the best all-rounded benefits, from lifestyle and wellness, to personal protection.
24. I would like to sincerely thank all our HomeTeamNS members, for joining us, for journeying with us. I would also like to thank your family members, who have been key to this journey.
25. In closing, I would like to extend my gratitude to all our partners – our new partners Singlife, SG Drivers and SHEIN, as well as our existing partners Cathay Cineplexes and Sinopec – who have made it possible for us to provide these wonderful privileges to our members.
26. I hope you and your family will have an enjoyable time at Bird Paradise, building memories that will last a lifetime.
27. I hope that we can continue this journey together and I want to sincerely thank you once again for joining us.
28. Your contributions – that of both HomeTeam NSmen and families, as well as our partners – will always be recognised and celebrated here at HomeTeamNS.
29. Thank you.